Is there anything more delectable than a chocolate covered strawberry? Seriously, this has to be the most romantical dessert and even better, it’s absurdly easy to make. For years now (creeping up on a decade) my husband and I have opted to forego the hectic, expensive night out for a quiet and relaxing — and might I add, much more romantic — night in. I recommend taking this Valentine’s Day to spend more time with your valentine and a little less time in the kitchen. Pick up dinner from your favorite takeout spot and put these tasty little numbers together in less than 30 minutes — dreamy, chocolatey and a slam dunk with a bowl of coconut milk ice cream. All you need is chocolate, strawberries and a microwave. Leave the elaborate gastronomical declaration of love for the next Valentine’s Day that doesn’t land smack dab in the middle of the week. If you find yourself at the farmer’s market this week, pick up some of those especially pretty strawberries with the stem and all. They’re just the cutest.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 6 ounces semisweet vegan chocolate chips, about half a bag
- 1 basket large strawberries, washed and dried well
- Wash strawberries and dry gently with a paper towel.
- Microwave chocolate chips until just melted, about one minute, stirring often to avoid chocolate burning.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper. One at a time, dip each strawberry in chocolate, twirling to coat, and place on waxed paper.
- Chill chocolate-dipped strawberries about 15 minutes to set chocolate.