Vegan mashed potatoes are just as good (if not better) than the traditional. Swap out butter with Earth Balance, add some cashew cream and tada. Tasty as the original. The regular Earth Balance is soy based, but there is a soy-free product if you’re looking to avoid soy.
- 5 white potatoes, medium, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup cashew cream
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot, covered with water and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Add cashew cream, Earth Balance and chives. Whip on medium-high speed until soft and fluffy, season with salt and pepper.