The regular Earth Balance is soy based, but there is a soy-free product if you’re looking to avoid soy.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared Ener-g Egg-Replacer egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- cinnamon sugar, for rolling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together sugar, Earth Balance, and vanilla. Prepare the Ener-G Egg per package instructions and add it to the sugar mixture. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. Add 2/3 of the dry ingredients to the whipped mixture and mix until combined. Add in the remaining flour and mix by hand. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When the dough is almost chilled, preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, make balls of dough (about 2 tablespoons of dough). Roll each ball in cinnamon sugar. Remember more cinnamon is better! Flatter the tops with your finger or the back side of a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes for chewy cookies, 12 minutes for crunchy. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.