These Spicy Mango Spring Rolls with Peanut Ginger Sauce make a fantastic appetizer for a group of four, or a light lunch or dinner for two.
For the spicy mango spring rolls:
- 8 spring roll rice papers
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into ½-inch strips
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
For the peanut ginger sauce:
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1½ tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. water
- Once you have your fruits and veggies prepped, this recipe is all about assembly. Set up your “rolling” station by filling a dish with warm water and setting it next to a clean work surface, like a cutting board. Submerge a spring roll paper in the water and swish it around until it’s soft and pliable.
- Shake excess water from the softened spring roll paper and place it on your work surface. Add a small handful of lettuce, mango, cucumber, and red bell pepper to the middle, along with a pinch of jalapeño and a few basil and cilantro leaves.
- Fold in two of the sides to meet in the middle, then take one of the remaining ends and fold it over the filling. Keep rolling and tucking and place the spring roll seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining spring roll papers and filling – you should get between 8 and 10 spring rolls total.
- Now make the peanut ginger sauce. Whisk the peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and water in a small bowl. Adjust flavors to taste.
- To serve, arrange the spring rolls on a serving platter and serve with peanut ginger sauce for dipping.
Nutrition information based on two spring rolls per serving.
Keywords: vegan spring roll, mango spring roll, easy spring roll, vegetarian spring roll