Our Carrot Cake Oatmeal recipe is creamy, cinnamon-y, and stick-to-your-ribs satisfying. It’s entirely hands-off and can be customized depending on how sweet you like your breakfast.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 medium carrots, grated (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup your favorite nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds), for serving
- Place the steel cut oats, water, non-dairy milk, carrot, golden raisins, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and salt in your Instant Pot. Stir gently to combine.
- Twist the lid to lock and make sure the pressure valve is closed. Set your Instant Pot to High Pressure and adjust the timer for 10 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, turn off your Instant Pot and allow the pressure to come down naturally. This should take between 10 and 15 minutes. Eliminate any remaining pressure by flipping the quick release valve before unlocking the lid.
- Stir the oatmeal and adjust sweetness to taste; it will thicken a bit as it cools.
- Divide the oatmeal between four bowls and garnish with chopped nuts. If you have leftovers, cool to room temperature and then transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge and reheat individual portions with a splash of non-dairy milk for up to three days.