With a crumbly dusting of sliced almonds and coconut sugar on top, this Almond & Maple Pumpkin Bread is perfect for enjoying with a hot cup of coffee post-Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 ¼ cups pumpkin
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350F and oil a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond butter, pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil, water, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine. Add another tablespoon of water if the mixture seems too thick.
- Scoop the bread mixture into the oiled loaf pan and use a butter knife or spatula to smooth out the top.
- Put the sliced almonds and coconut sugar in a small Ziplock bag and seal it shut. Use a heavy jar to crush the almonds into tiny pieces. Alternatively, you could use a food processor.
- Sprinkle the crushed almonds and coconut sugar on top of the bread. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes, slice, and serve.