This Cinnamon Apple Crumble is a quintessential fall dessert. It’s the perfect way to use up your bounty of apples from the apple orchard!
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Vegan ice cream, coconut whipped cream, or dairy-free yogurt, for serving (optional)
- For the topping:
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if required)
- 1 cup roasted and salted pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of water
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Core and slice the apples into thin wedges. For very soft apples, slice them thinly with a mandolin or a sharp knife, about 1/8th inch thick. For apples that are soft, yet have a bite to them, slice them a little thicker, about ¼ inch thick. Set the apple slices in a 9x13-inch baking dish and toss with the lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Sprinkle the spices over the apples and toss to coat all of the pieces.
- To make the apple crumble topping, combine the old fashioned rolled oats, pecans, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, almond flour, and melted coconut oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture clumps together slightly, adding a touch of water to help if needed. If you’re using raw or unsalted pecans, add a pinch more salt to balance the flavors.
- Sprinkle the prepared apple crumble topping over the sliced apples and bake for 40 minutes, until the apples are soft when pierced with a knife and the topping has turned golden and crisp.
- Serve the apple crumble warm with a scoop of vegan ice cream, coconut whipped cream, or dairy-free yogurt.
Nutrition information does not include vegan ice cream, coconut whipped cream, or dairy-free yogurt.
Keywords: dairy-free apple crumble, vegan apple crumble, easy apple crumble