This Vegan Apple Cider Cake with Maple Glaze is the ultimate fall dessert recipe! The seasonal flavor is perfect for any autumn celebration.
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons agave maple blend (or maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup spiced apple cider
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 banana, mashed
For the cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the maple glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vegan butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees and mist the inside of a 9-inch bundt pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl and whisk the ingredients together.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the agave maple blend, vanilla extract, apple cider, unsweetened apple sauce, and mashed banana. Stir to thoroughly mix.
- Slowly and carefully pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, using a large spoon or rubber spatula to mix all of the ingredients together. The consistency should resemble thick pancake batter.
- Pour the apple cider cake batter into the prepared bundt pant (it should be a little more than halfway full) and place it on the top rack of your oven. Bake the apple cider cake for 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cinnamon sugar topping by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- combine the Place a cooling rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet. Allow the apple cider cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully flip it over so the cake ends right side up on the cooling rack.
- While the apple cider cake is still warm, sprinkle the top with the cinnamon sugar topping.
- Just before serving, make the maple glaze. Combine all of the glaze toppings in a bowl and whisk until completely smooth. Transfer the glaze to a small pitcher for serving.
- Transfer the apple cider cake to a platter and drizzle with maple glaze. This cake is delicious both warm and at room temperature.
Keywords: vegan cake recipe, holiday cake recipe, easy holiday cake recipe