For the spaghetti squash:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
For the chickpeas:
- 1 15-oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Few twists of black pepper
For the slaw:
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (dark green parts only)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Pinch of salt
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon water
For the green beans:
- ½ pound green beans, ends trimmed
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees. Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Brush the olive oil all over the inside of both halves. Place the squash halves cut side down on a baking sheet. Pop the baking sheet in the oven and set your timer for 10 minutes.
- Place a few layers of paper towel on your countertop. Spill the drained and rinsed chickpeas onto the paper towels. Place another layer of paper towels on top and gently roll the chickpeas around to dry them. Add the chickpeas to a bowl along with the toasted sesame oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Gently toss to coat.
- When the timer goes off, spill the seasoned chickpeas onto the baking sheet with the spaghetti squash. Continue roasting the spaghetti squash and chickpeas for another 20 minutes, shaking the pan once halfway through. When done, flip the spaghetti squash over and set aside to cool.
- While the squash and chickpeas roast, make the slaw. Combine the shredded carrot, green cabbage, purple cabbage, and green onion in a bowl. Drizzle with lime juice and sesame oil and season with a pinch of salt. Toss to combine.
- To make the sauce, combine the soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, and lime juice in a smaller bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In an even smaller bowl, whisk together the tapioca starch and water.
- Use a fork to shred the flesh of the spaghetti squash. Divide the strands between four bowls.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add the roasted chickpeas and sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer, then stir in the tapioca starch slurry to thicken the sauce. Continue to simmer until the sauce has reached your desired consistency, then remove from heat.
- Finally, steam the green beans. Place the green beans in a saucepan and cover with an inch of water. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain the green beans and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To serve, add a scoop of chili garlic chickpeas to each bowl along with some slaw and green beans. Garnish with sliced green onion and a squeeze of lime.