This Creamy Beet Linguine is fresh, vibrant, and gorgeous on a plate. Serve topped with lemon zest, fresh parsley, and chopped walnuts for an impressive main course.
- 8 ounces beets, trimmed and sliced into ½-inch wedges (roughly 2 medium-sized beets)
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1¼ cups of water
- ½ tsp. salt
- Few twists of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 oz. linguine
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Walnuts, chopped, for garnish
- Fill a pot with a couple of inches of water and fit it with a steamer basket. Arrange the beets in a single layer and cover. Bring the water to a simmer and steam the beets for about 20 minutes, until the beets are fork tender. Set the beets aside to cool.
- Combine the cashews with 1¼ cups of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook the cashews for 10 minutes. Do not drain! Add the cashews and the cooking water to your blender.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel them and add them to the blender along with the salt, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice. Blend until creamy and smooth. Adjust lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, rinse, and return the pasta to the pot. Pour the creamy beet sauce over the noodles and gently toss to coat.
- To serve, use tongs to add a heap of pasta to each plate. Garnish with lemon zest, fresh parsley, and chopped walnuts.
Nutrition info does not include garnishes.