Hearty, satisfying, flavorful, and filling, this just might be the best vegan chili recipe there is. I hope you like it as much as I do!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 12-ounce package meatless ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 4-ounce can of diced green chiles
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Warm the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3 minutes.
- Add the beefless ground to the pot and season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, and salt. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Pour the diced green chiles, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, pinto beans, black beans, and vegetable broth into the pot. Add the tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Turn up the heat to medium to bring the chili to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for at least an hour. The longer you let the chili simmer, the better the flavor will be. I recommend three hours if you can manage it; longer is even better!
- Taste the chili and adjust the seasonings to your liking; I added another pinch of cinnamon.
- Ladle the chili into bowls and serve with vegan sour cream and avocado.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 1337.7 mg
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.3 g
- Fiber: 11.7 g
- Protein: 20.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan chili, vegetarian chili