Along with fresh strawberries, rhubarb cooks down into a delightful, goopy sauce that sweetens up pancakes, waffles, and vegan ice cream. It’s also a fantastic topping for overnight quinoa. Want to eat it by the spoonful? No judgment here!
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 stalks rhubarb, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. coconut nectar (or agave)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- Combine the strawberries, rhubarb, water, and coconut nectar or agave in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer over low heat.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. The fruit should be broken down and syrupy when done.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chia seeds. Allow the jam to cool and thicken in the saucepan for another 20 minutes before pouring it into a container and storing in the fridge.
Keywords: strawberry, rhubarb, jam, sauce, dessert, breakfast