Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside – these sweet potato fries are the total package. The chipotle powder adds a spicy kick, so you may want to reduce it by half if you’re particularly sensitive to heat. No matter how you season them, these fries are restaurant quality and couldn’t be easier to make. Serve them as a snack for watching the game, or as a side with our Black Bean Burgers. Heck – eat them by the fistful while watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix. Just be prepared to eat all of them. Once you start, it’s hard to stop!Print
These crispy sweet potato fries pack the perfect amount of heat. Vegan and gluten-free, they make an ideal party snack or accompaniment to your favorite vegan burger.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 450F. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. With the cut sides down, slice the sweet potatoes into ½-inch wide chunks. Flip those pieces on their side and cut in half lengthwise. You might need to do some trimming to make sure each piece is the same ½-inch size matchstick.
- Add sweet potato pieces to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use two baking sheets if your fries are crowded. They need plenty of room to crisp up! Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with chipotle powder and garlic powder.
- Toss with your hands to make sure every piece is thoroughly coated. Sprinkle sweet potato fries with salt and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- When done, these sweet potato fries will be slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Serve as-is or with your favorite ketchup.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 181.2 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg