1 1/2 cup dried garbanzo beans
4 cups water
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled, or to taste
1 tbsp. curry powder
2 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. cayenne
Juice of 1 lemon, plus more as needed
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped fresh parsley or cilantro leaves for garnish
- Soak your garbanzo beans over night.
- Add garbanzo beans along with 4 cups of water to your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Set your Instant Pot to High Pressure and adjust the timer to 25 minutes. Twist the lid to lock and make sure the pressure valve is closed.
- When the cooking time is up, turn off your Instant Pot and allow the pressure to come down naturally for 15–20 minutes. Then eliminate any remaining pressure using the quick release valve before unlocking the lid.
- Let the garbanzo beans cool a bit before adding them to your food processor.
- To the large bowl of a food processor, add cooked garbanzo beans, tahini, olive oil, garlic, curry, turmeric, cayenne, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Blend until very creamy, adding water as needed and adjusting spices to your liking.
- Top with fresh cilantro or parsley and serve with your favorite vegetables, pita or crackers.
Keywords: hummus, curry, vegan, instant pot, vegan instant pot, snacks, sides, vegan snacks, vegan sides