This bean, corn and tortilla salad is absolutely one of my all-time favorite vegan salad recipes. It's fresh, it's flavorful and filling. And better yet, it's easy to make. I think it tastes terrific as is, but my husband likes to add a little vegan ranch to the mix. Either way, it's a keeper of a salad!
Recipe from Martha Stewart Everyday.
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels (2 cups)
- ¼ cup prepared medium tomato salsa, plus more for serving
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 3 plum tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bag (12 ounces) romaine hearts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups (3 ounces) broken tortilla chips
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine beans, corn, and salsa. Microwave just until warmed through, 1 minute. Stir in scallions, avocado, and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Set bean mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce and chips together. Divide evenly among plates; top with bean mixture. Serve immediately, topped with additional salsa, if desired.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 643
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 50
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 109
- Fiber: 27
- Protein: 31
- Cholesterol: 0