I love this burrito bowl recipe, because it’s so versatile! You can add whatever vegetable you have on hand: swap the lettuce for kale or spinach, substitute quinoa or farro for the rice. Make it your own and a regular recipe in your repertoire.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can black or pinto beans
- 1 avocado
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Start cooking rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, chop vegetables and prepare lettuce and avocado.
- When rice is almost done, heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add carrots and let cook for 2-3 minutes before adding zucchini. Sauté carrots and zucchini another 4-5 minutes until just tender, but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, warm beans in a small saucepan on the stove or microwave.
- Assemble all ingredients in a bowl: rice, beans, sautéed vegetables, avocado, lettuce and salsa. Serve.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 575
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 359
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 82
- Fiber: 25
- Protein: 21
- Cholesterol: 0