This is the base recipe for my battered and baked cauliflower wings. The sauce recipes are down below!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Few twists of black pepper
- 1½ cups oat milk
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a very large bowl. Whisk in the oat milk until fully combined; the mixture should be the consistency of pancake batter.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the bowl and use a rubber spatula to mix and gently coat each piece in the batter.
- Shake excess batter from each piece of cauliflower as you place the florets a single layer on two baking sheets. Bake the cauliflower wings for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the wings from the oven, but leave the oven on.
- Transfer a third of the cauliflower wings to a large mixing bowl and pour in one of the wing sauces below. Stir and coat the cauliflower wings in the sauce.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer each piece of cauliflower back to the baking sheet, leaving excess sauce behind in the bowl. Reserve the sauce for later.
- Wipe out the mixing bowl and repeat with the remaining cauliflower wings and sauces.
- Return the sauced cauliflower wings to the oven and bake for 5 minutes more. Remove the wings from the oven and brush each flavor with extra sauce.
- Serve the cauliflower wings on the Game Day Cauliflower Wing Board.