This sauce has an Asian-inspired flavor profile that is incredibly delicious. The sesame seeds add visual interest and texture to these cauliflower wings.
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for serving
- 1 green onion (dark green part only), thinly sliced, for serving
- Combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, and maple syrup in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer over low heat, then stir in the tapioca flour.
- Continue to stir until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with a third of the cauliflower wings. Bake the wings as directed above.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the cauliflower wings with sesame seeds and sliced green onion.