- 1 lb. carrots, sliced 3/4 inch thick on the diagonal
- 1 head cauliflower (3 lbs), cored and cut into florets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 3 lemons)
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Place carrots and cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet; toss with cumin and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread half the vegetables on a second baking sheet. Roast until browned and tender, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheets and tossing halfway through. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/4 cups salted water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand until tender, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; set aside to cool, uncovered.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice and remaining tablespoon of oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine roasted vegetables with couscous, chickpeas, and scallions. Place arugula on a serving platter, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon dressing. Add remaining dressing to couscous mixture, and toss; serve over arugula.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 447
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 338
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 74
- Fiber: 14
- Protein: 15
- Cholesterol: 0