The cumin-scented black bean filling is hearty, satisfying, and incredibly easy to prepare. I like to serve these crispy tacos alongside a green salad with tomatoes and avocado. You can try substituting the coleslaw mix with broccoli slaw. Also, if you’re afraid to fry the tacos or just want a lighter version, skip it. Heat the beans in a small saucepan over medium heat; warm the tortillas and assemble.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Recipe adapted from Epicurious.com
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 white or yellow corn tortillas
- Bottled chipotle hot sauce or other hot sauce
- Place beans and cumin in small bowl; partially mash. Mix 2 teaspoons olive oil and lime juice in medium bowl; add coleslaw, green onions, and cilantro and toss to coat. Season slaw to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 3 teaspoons olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tortillas in single layer. Spoon 1/8 of bean mixture onto half of each tortilla; cook 1 minute. Fold tacos in half. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Fill tacos with slaw. Pass hot sauce alongside.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 31
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 0