Grilled corn with citrus "butter" is just the best on the grill, all steamed and smokey. But don't hesitate to try it on the stovetop. If you'll be doing your corn cooking inside, drop the corn into a large pot filled with boiling salted water. Cover the pot and let the water return to a boil again, then turn off the heat and keep the pot covered. After about 5 minutes, remove.
The regular Earth Balance is soy based, but there is a soy-free product if you're looking to avoid soy.
- 1 ½ teaspoons (packed) finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon (packed) finely grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon (packed) finely grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ cup Earth Balance, room temperature
- vegetable oil spray
- 6 ears of corn, husked
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small bowl; mash to combine. Mix in Earth Balance.
- Preheat barbecue (medium heat). Spray corn with vegetable oil spray. Grill until browned in spots, turning often, about 15 minutes. Serve with citrus butter.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 534
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0