Nothing says summer, like a fresh grilled vanilla peaches. Perfect topped with whipped coconut cream or some nice coconut milk ice cream.
If it isn’t a weekend for the grill, these are just as easy to make in the oven. Just roast peaches at 400° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until peaches are soft.Print
- 8 peaches
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. light-brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 quart vanilla nondairy ice cream
- Peel, halve, and pit peaches.
- Preheat grill to high. Combine lemon juice and vegetable oil in a bowl. Add peaches; toss to coat. Place peaches (with liquid) on a large piece of parchment-lined foil.
- Stir together brown sugar, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Brush over peaches. Fold foil to form a packet, crimping edges to seal. Grill, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Slice peaches, and divide among 8 bowls. Top with scoops of ice cream.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 26
- Sodium: 161
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0