Nothing compares to warm, crunchy, salty chips from the oven. It takes practically zero effort to make your own homemade baked tortilla chips!
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Stack the tortillas in groups of three or four and use a knife, pizza cutter, or kitchen shears to cut the corn tortillas into four equal pieces.
- Drizzle the olive oil on two half sheet pans and tilt back and forth to coat the bottom in a thin layer of oil. Divide the tortilla pieces between the baking sheets and gently flip/massage both sides with olive oil.
- Arrange the tortilla pieces in a single layer across both baking sheets and sprinkle with sea salt, as much or little as you’d like. Place the baking sheets in the oven on the middle rack and bake the tortilla chips for 7 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip the tortilla chips and sprinkle with a pinch more salt. Continue baking for 9 to 10 minutes more, until lightly toasted and crisp. Allow the tortilla chips to cool on the baking sheet and enjoy with fresh salsa!