- 2 medium russet potatoes (about 1 lb.), scrubbed and dried
- 2 tbsp. Earth Balance
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- 1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup vegan bacon bits, optional
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream, optional
- vegan cheese sauce, optional
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Poke several holes in each potato with tines of fork and microwave potatoes on high until slightly soft to the touch, 6 to 12 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- Carefully transfer potatoes to oven and cook directly on hot oven rack until skewer glides easily through flesh, about 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and make dotted X on top of each potato with tines of fork. Press in at ends of each potato to push flesh up and out. Top with Earth Balance, broccoli, cheddar, salt, and pepper. and bacon bits (if using) and serve.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 422
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 741
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 59
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 0