These little brownie bites are the perfect way to quench your cravings for chocolate and peanut butter without derailing your healthy diet
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup raw almonds, finely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Combine the chickpeas, cocoa powder, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt in a food processor. Blend for 30 seconds, or until the mixture forms a solid ball of dough. Transfer the dough to a clean work surface.
- Spread the chopped almonds in an even layer. Press a little chunk of the brownie dough into a tablespoon and flatten it with your fingers. Scoop out the dough and use your palms to roll it into a small ball. Then, roll the ball in the chopped almonds until completely coated.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat the process using the rest of the dough. You should get between 18 and 20 balls.
- Put the brownie bites in the refrigerator and chill for at least two hours. Serve cool or transfer the brownie bites to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a week.