I like to serve these Portobello and Zucchini Tacos alongside a green salad with tomatoes and avocado.Print
- 5 medium portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 2-by-1/2-inch sticks
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 12 (4 1/2-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and sliced
- Preheat oven to 425° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms with 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 cup water; season with salt and pepper. On another rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini and onion with remaining teaspoon oregano and tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Place both sheets in oven. Roast, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are browned and fork-tender, 25 to 30 minutes (zucchini may cook faster than mushrooms).
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-high heat, warm tortillas according to package instructions (they should be lightly browned but still soft). Wrap loosely in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- To serve, fill each tortilla with mushrooms, vegetable mixture, avocado and salsa.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 305
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 78
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 51
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 0