- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz. chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (granulated)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (granulated)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pre-packaged vegan whole wheat pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms have release most of their liquid, about 10 minutes. Add spinach and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add tofu mixture to sautéed vegetables, stir to combine and spoon mixture into the pie crust.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture around so it’s even on top.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden and the center is firm (not mushy).
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing (serving at room temperature is best).
- Make ahead: You can make and store the mixture in an airtight container until you’re ready to bake, or bake the quiche a day or two ahead of time and gently reheat in your oven on warm for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 286
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 0