Who doesn’t like a good curry soup?! This vegan version is just a rich and spicy as the original. So skip the takeout, and make your own Thai this week.
Note: Curry pastes vary quite a bit, so try a few until you find one you really like!Print
- 12 oz. chow mein noodles or spaghetti (I used buckwheat soba noodles)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 14-oz. cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup faux chicken broth
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- kosher salt
- 4 oz. sugar snap peas, cut in half
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package firm tofu
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the curry paste, coconut milk, broth, ginger, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add the peas, mushrooms, and tofu. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Divide the noodles and soup among individual bowls. Sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 685
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 367
- Fat: 40
- Carbohydrates: 76
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 28
- Cholesterol: 0