- 1 package (14 1/2 ounces) firm tofu, drained, cut crosswise into 6 slabs (about 3/4 inch wide), each slab halved horizontally and cut into triangles
- 1 1/2 lbs. broccoli, stalks trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch rounds, florets separated into bite-size pieces
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted (optional)
- Arrange tofu in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with several layers of paper towels. Top with more paper towels and let tofu drain, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli (stalks and florets) in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green, 1 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu; cook until golden brown, turning gently halfway through, about 5-7 minutes on each side. Transfer to paper towels.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, red-pepper flakes, garlic, cornstarch, and 3/4 cup water; set aside.
- Add broccoli to skillet; cook over high heat, stirring often, until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk reserved sauce to combine; pour into pan. Return tofu to pan; stir to coat, about 1 minute more. Serve over rice or noodles and topped with cashews, if desired.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 742
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 20
- Cholesterol: 0