- ¼ cup reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. hot chile sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ lb. dried pad thai-style rice noodles
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 oz.) package baked tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cilantro sprigs
- In a large bowl, whisk together tamari, sesame seeds, agave nectar, garlic and oil to make a dressing; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, soak noodles in a large bowl of cold water until pliable, about 15 minutes; drain well. Add noodles to boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 6 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in cold water, drain and transfer to bowl with reserved dressing; toss well.
- Add green onions, carrots, cucumbers, peppers and tofu and toss gently to combine. Transfer to bowls, top with cilantro and serve.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 796
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 1641
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 128
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 28