- 1 20-oz. can jackfruit in water or brine, drained
- ¼ cup vegan ranch (recipe follows)
- 10 oz. extra-firm tofu
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 4 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. dried dill
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Drain the jackfruit and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Transfer jackfruit pieces to a cutting board and slice off the tough core and remove the seeds. Add the fleshy, stringy part of the jackfruit to a mixing bowl and pull apart by hand. You should have 1 ¾ to 2 cups when you’re done. Blot with a few layers of paper towel to remove excess moisture and set aside.
- To make the vegan ranch, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. If needed, add more water a tablespoon at a time until the mixture is creamy. Measure out ¼ cup and set aside.
- Press the 10-oz. chunk of tofu with several layers of paper towel to remove as much water as possible. Then, break tofu into a few small pieces and add it to the bowl of a food processor, followed by the water, tapioca flour, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt. Blend until completely smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Transfer the tofu mixture to a medium saucepan and stir constantly over medium-low heat. The cheese will begin to clump and eventually become gooey after 4-5 minutes. Add the jackfruit, buffalo sauce and ranch. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Pour dip into a 9-inch round baking dish or cast iron skillet. Bake until the top of the dip is golden and the edges are bubbly, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the dip from the oven and stir. Transfer to a small, pre-heated crock-pot or a hot plate to keep the dip warm and gooey. Serve hot with pita chips, celery, or sliced baguette.