This Vegan Detox Glow Bowl is the perfect way to kick off a year of healthy eating and feel radiant from the inside out!
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed and diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. harissa (or paprika)
- 1 medium-size beet, cut into 1-inch wedges
- ¼ bunch lacinto kale
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ cup sprouts (broccoli or alfalfa)
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees. Combine ½ cup quinoa and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook quinoa for 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Transfer the diced sweet potato to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil; season with harissa and toss to coat. Roast sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water fitted with a steamer basket to a boil. Arrange the beet wedges in a single layer and cover. Steam for 10 to 15 minutes, until the beets are fork tender. Transfer the beets to a cutting board and, once cool enough to handle, use a paper towel to gently remove the skin.
- Remove the tough stems from the kale and discard. Roughly chop the kale into small pieces and transfer them to a bowl. Drizzle with ½ teaspoon olive oil and use your fingers to massage the oil into the kale leaves until they’re soft and bright green.
- Combine the tahini and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add water a teaspoon at a time to thin the mixture until it reaches a smooth and stir-able consistency. Season with a pinch of salt and add additional lemon juice if desired.
- To assemble, divide the quinoa between two bowls and top with the kale, beets, sweet potato, avocado, and sprouts. Drizzle with lemon tahini dressing and serve warm or at room temperature.