This is a quick and easy appetizer to make for guests. If you’re short on chiles, substitute 1/8–1/4 teaspoon dried red chili flakes.Print
- 1 cup olives with pits (assorted varieties and colors)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and quartered
- 1 chili, fresh or dried
- 3 thyme or savory sprigs, or other herbs
- 2 strips of orange or lemon zest
- Rinse olives in strainer under running water. Set aside to drain. Put small heavy pan over medium heat for a minute, then add olives and remaining ingredients.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until olives are warm all the way through. Turn off heat and leave in pan for a few minutes. Serve warm or reheated.