Warm, hearty, sweet and slightly tart, this morning meal is inspired by the change in seasons.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tsp. cinnamon + more for serving
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 2 Tbsp. roasted pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- Combine the oats, apple, cranberries, cinnamon and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle simmer over medium/low and place a lid on the pot slightly askew to avoid cranberry explosions (they may pop – this is normal!)
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent the oats from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Continue to heat until the oats have reached your desired consistency and the cranberries are soft enough to mash with the back of a spoon.
- Divide the oatmeal between two bowls and top with roasted pecans, maple syrup, and an additional dusting of cinnamon. Serve immediately.