The ice cream man – when you were a kid you could hear him coming from a mile away. Slowly cruising around the neighborhood in his boxy little truck, doling out frozen treats to the kids who were lucky enough to snag a buck from their parents. It was truly the highlight of any summer day. Creamsicles, Drumsticks, Snow Cones, Push-Up Pops, Fudgsicles – everyone had their favorite frozen treats. I remember licking and slurping my dessert as fast as I could before the sun melted it into a sticky, sugary mess.
Those were the days, weren’t they? Unfortunately, you won’t find anything on an ice cream truck that aligns with your vegan meal plan. However, we wrangled up a few recipes for frozen vegan desserts that are a million times better. In fact, these are so yummy (and healthy) that you won’t even miss the super-processed and dairy-heavy treats of your childhood.
Chia, Strawberry and Raspberry Mint Popsicles
• 1 lb fresh organic strawberries
• 6 oz fresh organic raspberries
• 2 Tbsp chia seeds
• 0.5 oz fresh mint
• 2 Tbsp maple syrup
Get the full recipe from Eat Good 4 Life.
Blackberry Cashew Butter Smoothie
• 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
• 2 small bananas
• 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
• 4 tbsp. cashew butter
• 2 scoops green supplement powder
Get the full recipe from Well Vegan.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
• 1 can coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
• 1 cup almond milk
• 2.5 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or your favorite sweetener)
• 10-12 large ice cubes
• Dairy-free chocolate chips for topping
Get the full recipe from The Glowing Fridge.
Watermelon Coconut Ice Cream
• 1 can full fat coconut milk
• 5 pitted medjool dates
• ⅛ teaspoon scraped vanilla bean or ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1½ cups cubed watermelon
Get the full recipe from Nutritionist in the Kitch.
Salted Chocolate Frozen Banana Bites
• 3 ripe (but not soggy) bananas
• 1 batch homemade magic shell (be sure to use dairy-free chocolate chips!)
• Coarse sea salt
Get the full recipe from Gimme Some Oven.
Raspberry Raw Vegan Cheesecake Slice
• 1 cup dates, pitted
• 1 cup almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, or a combination
• 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
• 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1/3 cup coconut syrup or honey
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 3/4 cup coconut milk
• 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
• 6 oz raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Get the full recipe from Yummy Mummy Kitchen.