This Peach and Tomato Panzanella is the perfect send off to summer. It features fresh, juicy peaches, tomatoes, bread, and herbs. What’s not to love?
- 2 yellow peaches
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes
- ⅓ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 heaping cups sourdough bread
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- Slice the peaches into ½-inch wedges, halve the tomatoes, slice the red onion, and cut the bread into 1-inch cubes. Place the ingredients in a large serving bowl and toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, red wine vinegar, and dijon mustard. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Pour half of the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Put the salad in the fridge for at least an hour, allowing time for the bread to soak up the dressing. Before serving, add the fresh herbs to the salad and drizzle with a bit more dressing (you may not use it all). Finish it off with a few extra twists of black pepper and serve.
Prep time does not include 1 hour of refrigeration.
Keywords: easy summer salad, peach salad