Cauliflower in a smoothie bowl? Yes way! The taste is barely detectable when you’re focused on the slammin’ flavors of sweet mango, fresh ginger, and zippy lime.
- ½ cup cauliflower florets, steamed and frozen
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. water (plus more, as needed)
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¾ tsp. lime juice
- ¾ cup mango chunks, frozen
- For serving: sliced kiwi, hemp seeds, shredded coconut (optional)
- Fill a pot of water with a few inches of water and fit it with a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil; add the cauliflower to the basket, and cover. Reduce heat to a simmer and steam for 7 to 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and allow it to cool to room temperature. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to make the smoothie, pour the almond milk and water into your blender, followed by the kiwi, ginger, hemp seeds, lime juice, mango, and frozen cauliflower. Blend on low for a thicker consistency, adding more water a tablespoon at a time to keep things moving. Add more lime juice if you like a more tart smoothie.
- Pour the smoothie into two small bowls and garnish with your favorite toppings.
Keywords: smoothie, smoothie bowl