- 2 tbsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup protein powder, vegan, gluten-free
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk egg replacer and warm water together until foamy and a little thick. Combine egg replacer mixture, mashed bananas, maple syrup, non-dairy milk and vanilla extract in a large bowl or you could do this is a stand mixer.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a small bowl. Once incorporated, add to the wet mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add shredded carrots and raisins and mix until just incorporated.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out some dough. Form the mixture into a ball, then kinda squish it and stretch it out to form a bar shape. They should be a little less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake bars for 22-25 minutes. The bars will get a little golden brown and start to crack a bit.
- Let the bars cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled completely, mix the powdered sugar with enough water to form a drizzly icing. Frost your bars and enjoy!