- 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- ¼ cup white wine
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium-low. Add the onion and sauté until it starts to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add mushroom, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook until all of the liquid from the mushroom has evaporated, 18-20 minutes.
- Add the wine and turn up the heat to medium. Cook until the liquid evaporates again, 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to a food processor with the walnuts and another tablespoon of olive oil. Blend for about 30 seconds, until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.