Adapted from The Conscious Cook
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 banana pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, with liquid
- 1 white potato, peeled and diced
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat warm the oil for about a minute. Add the carrot, onion, banana pepper, and garlic. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. When the vegetable have started to soften, add the cumin, red pepper, cayenne and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the garbanzo beans with their liquid and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil. Add the potato and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Wrap in warm tortillas with fresh spinach and serve.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 814
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 67
- Fiber: 12
- Protein: 11
- Cholesterol: 0