This Peanut Butter and Raspberry Chia Jam Vegan Oatmeal tastes just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, except a hundred times better!
- 2 cups frozen raspberries (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup creamy unsalted peanut butter, divided
- Combine the frozen raspberries, water, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan. Turn heat to low and simmer gently for 5 to 10 minutes, until the raspberries have cooked down and the mixture has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and stir in the chia seeds.
- In a larger saucepan, combine the old fashioned oats and almond milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, until the mixture has thickened and the oats are cooked through. Remove the oatmeal from heat and stir in half of the peanut butter.
- To serve, divide the oatmeal between three bowls. Top with the remaining peanut butter and a swirl of raspberry chia jam. Garnish with more raspberries and sprinkle with more chia seeds. Enjoy warm.
Leftover jam and oatmeal will keep in the fridge for a couple of days (store them in separate containers). Just add a splash of almond milk before heating up your breakfast to rehydrate the oats.
Keywords: easy vegan breakfast