This Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Pasta and Spinach would make a great first course or satisfying lunch on a cozy fall day.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin pureé
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 5 ounces ditalini pasta (or other small gluten-free pasta)
- 3 ounces of baby spinach, chopped
- Freshly cracked black pepper, for serving
- Warm the olive oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes, until soft.
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle the spices over the onion and saute for a minute more.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot. Add the pumpkin, diced tomatoes, and cashews. Bring the soup to a simmer and adjust the heat to maintain a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the ditalini until al dente. Drain, rinse, and return the pasta to the pot. Toss with a teaspoon of olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Remove the soup from heat and allow it to cool slightly. Carefully ladle the soup into your blender and blend until lump-free, working in batches until all of the soup is velvety and smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin soup back into the pot. Add the spinach and half of the pasta and stir to combine.
- Ladle the pumpkin soup into bowls or mugs and top each with another scoop of pasta and a few twists of black pepper. Enjoy warm.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 12.1 g
- Sodium: 1474.4 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.8 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pumpkin soup, vegan pumpkin soup, dairy free pumpkin soup