This can easily be made with a gluten-free pasta if you have an intolerance or just want to cut back on the wheat products. Print
Broccoli Pesto Pasta
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup parsley leaves, loosely packed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp. capers, rinsed and drained, optional
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 12 oz. pasta
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook broccoli in boiling water 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Drain again.
- Pulse almonds, broccoli, parsley, oil, mint, lemon juice, lemon zest, capers (if using), and garlic in food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in broccoli cooking water. Reserve 1 cup cooking water before draining. Toss pasta with pesto and enough pasta cooking water to reach desired consistency.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 515
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 38
- Fat: 19
- Carbohydrates: 71
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 15
- Cholesterol: 0
Hi Jeanette! I'm not sure cilantro would be the best match, but basil might work in place of the parsley. Let us know how it goes 🙂
I never seem to have parsley on hand, would cilantro work here?
Hey Amy! YES, it is a mistake. Sorry about that 🙂 Enjoy the pesto.
Lemon zest appears twice. Is that a mistake? I'm not sure why some is grated and some isn't.
@KrysAnni - That's a terrific suggestion! Next time, I'll look for the radiatori or something especially crevicey.
This was so good! I used radiatori pasta and it held the pesto in the little crevices nicely. It is a very pretty pasta shape too! I really enjoyed it. It had a hint of lemony-minty flavor, but it wasn't overwhelming at all.
It was good, my only change would be to diminish the amount of mint in there. That's all I could taste in my plate
Dawn A. @ TheBlackRadish.com
Tried this recipe tonight (using frozen broccoli / pasta water since I had it on hand) and it was fantastic! Even the incredibly picky-eater husband enjoyed it. Thanks for a good solid recipe. Will definitely consider getting the meal plan!