- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. green beans, ends trimmed
- Fresh lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, bring 1/2 inch water to a boil; salt generously.
- Add green beans; reduce to a simmer, and cover. Steam beans, until crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain water from green beans; add lemon juice, butter, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and toss.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 40
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0