Warm and nutty cinnamon quinoa is a hearty, protein packed vegan breakfast to start your day. You can substitute any berry in season for the blueberries.
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed (any color)
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans, toasted*
- 4 tsp. agave nectar
- Combine nondairy milk, water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat; let stand covered 5 minutes. Stir in blackberries and cinnamon; transfer to bowls and top with pecans. Drizzle 1 teaspoon agave nectar over each serving.
- *While the quinoa cooks, roast the pecans in a 350°F degree toaster oven for 5 to 6 minutes or in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes.