If you’ve been following Well Vegan for a while, you know my recipes are heavily influenced by Asian cuisine. Despite the sweltering heat, I’ve been craving curry. So, I decided to make a quick and easy meal that’s light enough to enjoy on a sweaty summer night. These Coconut Curry Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps positively pop with flavor and look so pretty on a dinner plate.
These lettuce wraps are so simple to make and only require one pot, so cleanup is a breeze. First, you’ll gently heat fresh ginger, garlic, and curry paste in coconut oil until it smells heavenly. Then, season everything with a pinch of salt and add coconut milk and cauliflower florets to the pan. You can use any color cauliflower here. I like buying purple or orange cauliflower for a fun twist.
Simmer the curry until the cauliflower is fork-tender and the curry sauce thickens a bit. Then, spoon everything into a lettuce wrap. I promise they’ll be delicious, but I can’t say they won’t be a little messy! Drizzle each lettuce wrap with a bit of plain non-dairy yogurt and top with fresh cilantro. I also added a sprinkle of Dang Snacks Lightly Salted Coconut Chips for extra flavor and texture in each bite.
I recently discovered Dang Coconut Chips and have been hooked on them ever since. To make their coconut chips, Dang toasts whole Thai coconut slices for a naturally sweet flavor and satisfying crunch. I like to eat them by the handful and add them to homemade trail mix. As I found out, Dang Coconut Chips also make a perfect topping for these Coconut Curry Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps. You can find Dang Coconut Chips at Target, Sprouts, and Walmart. They even gave us a coupon to share with you! Click here to download the coupon and save $1.00 when you try any Dang food product.
These Coconut Curry Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps are sweet, tangy, and crunchy. They’re perfect for hot summer nights when you’re craving curry but don’t want to fill up on rice. Topped with non-dairy yogurt, cilantro, and Dang Coconut Chips, these lettuce wraps are bursting with fun flavor and texture.Print
These Coconut Curry Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps are perfect for hot summer nights when you’re craving curry but don’t want to fill up on rice. Topped with non-dairy yogurt, cilantro, and Dang Coconut Chips, these lettuce wraps are bursting with fun flavor and texture.
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 cups of cauliflower (any color), chopped into small florets
- 1 head of lettuce, leaves separated (use Boston, Bibb, or Butter lettuce)
- Plain unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- Dang Coconut Chips, crumbled
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. When hot, add the ginger, garlic, curry paste, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the skillet and stir to coat in the curry mixture. Continue to cook for 2 minutes, and then pour in the coconut milk. Cover the skillet and cook the cauliflower for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking the cauliflower for 5 minutes, until fork tender and the curry has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Use a slotted spoon to add a scoop of cauliflower to each lettuce leaf. Add a drizzle of the curry sauce and top with non-dairy yogurt, Dang Coconut Chips, and fresh cilantro. Serve warm.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 275.4 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg