I’m always looking for new recipes to add some variety to the various holiday tables, be it Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, all the days. We can’t eat the same things over and over. We’re not animals. And as vegans, our festive options could use some expanding.
When I went to make this recipe, the asparagus was way too skinny. I think a heartier stalk works best for this recipe, but work with what you get. If you’re new to toasting pine nuts, it’s a snap. Just put them on a tray lined with parchment (the small toaster oven trays work great), pop them in the oven and don’t walk away! They take just a few minutes to toast and they burn in a flash.
The napkin in this photo is from our friends at Beautiful Ingredient.
Roast Asparagus with Red Potatoes and Mushroom
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends removed and cut in 2” pieces
- 8oz. whole crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 4 oz. small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1” chunks
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Line two large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss potatoes and mushrooms in 1 tbsp. olive oil. Pour out onto the first baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay the asparagus out on the second baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven after about 15-20 minutes or until just starting to get soft. Roast the potatoes and mushrooms another 20 minutes or until slightly browned, turning halfway through.
- Toss cooked vegetables in a large bowl with pine nuts and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Hi Fredda! I'm so glad it worked so well for you and we absolutely love your suggestions on the tofu! Thanks so much for sharing 🙂
Loved this recipe and had no trouble understanding the directions. All items were perfectly cooked. I series this with the coconut tofu w/hot chili sauce recipe. I didn't fry the tofu as we're not big on fried food just tossed it with the sauce after drawing the water out of it. It was also delicious and the 2 dishes made a wonderful vegan dinner for me and my spouse. He's not vegan but likes my cooking and I only cook vegan. BTW, I added fresh lemongrass and basil, both chopped fine to the tofu just because I had some on my counter. I recommend it as enhancing the dish. Thanks for both recipes. I'll be back to check out more recipes in future and will send the link to my vegan friends.
Hey Katie - The asparagus will roast for 15-20 minutes or until just starting to get soft. The potatoes and mushrooms will be in the oven another 20 minutes or until slightly browned, turning halfway through. Hope that helps!
How long are the potatoes and mushrooms actually supposed to cook? Do they go in the same time as the asparagus and then cook longer or do you wait to put them in until the asparagus is done? Please fix the wording, I had everything ready to go and then I read that, thinking that everything would be done at the same time! Not sure what to do but I will try it the way I'm thinking and hoping is the right way!
Hey Terry, Thanks for your message! I just checked it and looks like we're at font size 11. I bumped it up a few extra points, so let me know if you still having issues. We would hate for you not to be able to print! Have a great day!!!
Looks like you're using a font sized 4 or 6 on the printable recipe - WAY too small. Thanks