These grilled vegetable tacos are a great recipe for a summer barbecue or camping trip with friends. You can also use a grill pan on the stove if you don’t have an outdoor grill.
- 2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked hot Spanish paprika (Pimentón de la Vera)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 12 5- to 6-inch-diameter corn tortillas, warmed
- Cilantro Slaw
- 2 limes, each cut into 6 wedges
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Whisk brown sugar and next 5 ingredients in another small bowl to blend for spice rub.
- Place zucchini, bell pepper and mushrooms on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with canola oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle spice rub over both sides.
- Place vegetables on barbecue. Grill until vegetables are tender and browned in spots, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer to work surface; cut mushrooms crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Cut remaining vegetables crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces. Place vegetables in large bowl; toss to blend.
- Place vegetables, tortillas, slaw, guacamole and lime wedges on table. Allow guests to assemble their own soft tacos.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 630
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 0