Let’s hear it for mango! I absolutely love mangoes but I hardly ever buy them because I find it so hard to properly cut them. I can’t be the only one who struggles with this. I always end up with a pile of mushy mango scraps, never the perfect looking cubes that other people can somehow achieve. Luckily, Trader Joe’s sells frozen mango chunks and there’s zero prep work involved. Just dump some in the blender and you’re on your way to making this delicious Mango Coconut Breakfast Parfait.
This recipe was inspired by all of the brunches I’ve been missing out on this spring. Now that I’ve had two months to reflect on what I miss most about the “normal” world, I’ve realized it’s going out to breakfast. I long for those days of sitting in a cute cafe or diner, sipping coffee and people watching. This Mango Coconut Breakfast Parfait isn’t something I’d normally make for myself so it felt extra special to dive in.
It looks fancy, but it’s really pretty simple to make. That is, as long as you have a batch of Pantry Granola prepped and ready to go. Just mix up a container of vanilla coconut yogurt with some chia seeds (the amount of chia is totally up to you) and set it aside to thicken a bit. Meanwhile, combine the water, lime juice, mango, and ginger in your blender and blitz until creamy and smooth. I had to use the tamper that came with my Vitamix to keep the motor from jamming up – you don’t want to add too much water otherwise the mixture will become runny.
The final step is layering everything in a fancy glass. I ordered some beautiful glassware last week and I was hoping it would arrive in time to make this recipe, but I settled for a juice glass instead. This Mango Coconut Breakfast Parfait is going to taste amazing no matter what you eat it out of, so just go for it!Print
Enjoy a decadent brunch at home with our Mango Coconut Breakfast Parfait. It’s layered with coconut yogurt, frozen mango, and homemade granola!
- 1 6-oz container of vanilla coconut milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 inch chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup Pantry Granola (or your favorite granola)
- Fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
- Combine the coconut milk yogurt and chia seeds in a small bowl and stir.
- Pour the water and lime juice into a blender, then add the frozen mango and ginger. Blend until thick and creamy.
- Add a thin layer of granola to the bottom of two glasses. Top each with a layer of coconut yogurt, a layer of mango puree, and more granola. Repeat until you use up the yogurt, mango, and granola.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired and enjoy immediately.