These are the best vegan cookies ever made in the history of vegan cookies. A little salty, a little sweet, crispy around the edges and soft in the middle. Make these! Double your batch! They will be eaten.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats (quick cooking or rolled)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk
- 4 teaspoons ground flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease two baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in oats and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, nondairy milk, flax seed and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the flour mixture, half at a time.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of dough on the cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the edges just begin to brown. Let cookies rest on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.